Coil Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Coil Question
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:12:27 -0400
Hi- I am up to the point in my restoration that I have a question regarding a
Lucas coil. The one I have is marked "12HP" and has a part number I recall as
"45212" Can anyone tell me if this one requires an external resistor? I am
hoping to have her running today, but need to know, as I don't want to toast
the coil...

Thanks!

Scott
64 Herald Convertible, in final assembly.

For those interested- left to do: electrical(incl. alt. conversion wiring),
hood and hood frame, rubber bumpers, rear seat installation, dash.