Re: $60,000 bid has been offered for a 1974 Triumph TR6

To: gkoftx@juno.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: $60,000 bid has been offered for a 1974 Triumph TR6
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:18:44 -0400
> Namingha designed the art on the car, but 11 other Native American
> artists also contributed details to it. The painted images on the car
> carry significant meanings.

Which may help the car along...

On the front sides, as well as the hood, are
> eagles. For American Indians, as well as for the United States, Namingha
> explained, the eagle is a powerful symbol. Indians use it in healing and
> religious ceremonies.

Always helpful with LBCs, to pray it runs, and that the leaks heal.

> The black-and-white checks painted on the doors and on trunk represent
> people in motion or cloud formations and rain.

Which could indicate the hood needs to go up.

> On top of the trunk, Namingha decided to paint the four Hopi cardinal
> directions with Hopi colors: yellow for north, white for east, red for
> south and blue for west. In the middle of the cardinal points is a
> spiral, a sipapu, which in Hopi means place of emergence.

Helps you find which way to go, and where you will come out.

> "It's a Hopi migration symbol. We continue to migrate as people on this
> planet - in bus, train, Internet and now even through space," he said.

Is migration in a TR-6 Possible? Or woulds the wrath of Lucas spell an
electrical shortfall, thus halting the migration?

Why didn't they put a tribute to Lucas somewhere in the artwork? Perhaps
this would ward off the evil spirits of darkness...

Scott