Re: Pics of $60,000 Triumph TR6

To: <BPAULTR3@aol.com>, <slarch@nisource.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pics of $60,000 Triumph TR6
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:25:08 -0500
> This is a variant of a fund raiser recently hosted locally but using full
> sized plastic horses to paint.  There were 30+ or so of them all around
this
> area in public places.  They are auctioned off eventually.

We have been doing that annually in Saint Paul for a while, with "Peanuts"
characters since Charles Schultz grew up in Saint Paul.  First year, Snoopy,
then Charlie Brown, now this year it is Lucy.

My favorite is the standard fiberglass Lucy with the full "psychiatric help"
booth built around her, complete with a stool for you sit down and get your
5 cents worth of advice.

I figure that when they get down to Franklin and Sherman, they will have
officially gone to hell with the gag.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org