Carpet quality

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carpet quality
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:25:37 -0400
Hi all,

When I bought my TR3a, the PO included the carpet set he had bought for the
car. I tried to fit a piece to the tunnel cover and no matter how I tried I
could not make it fit, the problems I encountered were:

- gear shift hole was only 2 1/2" across

- no hole in the carpet for the u-joint hole, by the back of the tunnel

- the front finished edge seems like it has an 1" too far foward

- I can't seem to form the carpet around the tunnel humps, there appears to
be too much material overall.

I am just wondering if it sounds like I have the wrong set? Should there be
much "fitting" required on a bought set?  I also know it is really over
sized cause I have put sound/heat barrier on the tunnel and the carpet still
doesn't fit.

Opinions? Thanks
David A. Templeton
'59TR3a