TR6 crankshaft front oil seal

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 crankshaft front oil seal
From: "ian.viles" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:26:45 +0100
Dear Listers,
Replaced crankshaft front oil seal (in timing chain cover) because of oil
spraying around engine bay (big time). Old seal had gone hard. Replaced seal
and put it all back together ... and you guessed ... oil spraying all over
the engine bay.
Having consloled myself with the knowledge that at least the electric fan I
fitted works and undergone gardening therapy , I have regained my composure
and am now planning to do the job again. This time I will replace the
'timing cover oil seal sleeve' (133235) as well. At the same time the
rumbling water pump is coming off. This will also enable easier re-fitting
of the timing cover.
Any other suggestions / comments before I return to the garage would be
welcome.
TIA
Ian Viles (Derbyshire, England)
73 TR6