Re: Monza exhaust

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Monza exhaust
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:00:23 EDT
Ahhh, that brings back memories. In 1970 I removed a perfectly good factory
silencer (muffler to us 'Mericans) and replaced it with a Stebro system I
obtained from a foreign parts importer. Stebro.....the poor man's Abarth.
Still it was all black crackle finish with chrome tips. Anyone remember
those? Talk about loud! .......but it sure looked neat. I was stopped by a
local deputy sheriff in a driving down pour for having a loud exhaust. I told
him that he should complain to the British.......it was original factory
equipment. OK, so I lied. The deputy got down on his knees in the wet and
looked under the car. Got up and said, OK, but it sure sounds loud. I loved
to listen to the braaaat sound of the over run and rumble under acceleration.
But I was a lot more tolerant then........just turned up the Stones louder on
the Sony tape deck. Today I probably couldn't tolerate it......can't hear the
commentary on NPR!! My how the times change.

Greg Wolf
KC/79746-L
27 April, 1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Laurel Green