Re: Motor Heritage Centre, Gaydon

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Motor Heritage Centre, Gaydon
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:40:01 +0100
On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, at around 23:01:51 local time, Graham Stretch
<technical@iwnet.screaming.net> wrote:
>Hi Michael
>Gaydon, Where to start, a large well laid out museum, with a series of
>special features, period area where even the road surface matches the
>vehicle ages, When I was there earlier in the year they had a selection of
>cars owned by royalty to celebrate the Jubilee. Prior to this the area had a
>formula one display, the display in this area changes from time to time.
>Outside there is an off road experience area, where you can watch a display
>of what the Land Rover can do, or for a small charge you can go round in the
>Land Rover.
>For even more to do go on the Triumph marque day, hundreds of Triumphs will
>be there often including rare prototypes!
>IMHO whatever you do pay this place a visit, but don't pop in, go for the
>day!  All in all #8.00 isn't too bad for something to do all day.

Thanks, Graham, I hadn't realised that there was so much there.   As you
say, eight pounds is dirt cheap for a whole day out.

>Ps I have been at least once a year now for the last few years! Starting
>with #40 or more to get off the Island!

Hmm.   It doesn't cost that much to get off the Isle of Wight.   I think
it costs a bit more than that to get off Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney and
Sark.   Man?   Skye?   Rockall??

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671