Convertible top

To: triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Convertible top
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 00:27:22 -0400
Well, another milestone has been reached, The hood is now in place- just it is
suffering from the usual affliction of the uninstalled- it is VERY tight. I am
sure this will resolve once I let her sit in the sun, hood up, for a few hours,
then I can finish installing it. Right now, it is fully attached at the front
end(complete with plastic lip cover and stainless tips) and trimmed in at the
rear. But the sides where they hit the cantrail just won't pull forward enough
to secure yet. I had to pull hard to close a 3" gap, and latch the hood!

Tight as a drum might be an understatement. It's tighter than my wallet on
Wednesday. There is currently a 3/8" gap between the header and the leading
edge of the hood, with the clamps secured. It is so tight the doors won't close
properly- it is literally pulling the rear and center halves of the body
closer! No Joke!

It does look good though, and I believe it will heat and stretch, given a
couple hours.

Scott

Side note to Stephane StA.- I haven't forgotten you! Still catching up with the
car work. Thanks- Scott