Re: Rt angle speedo drive w/o 1:1 gearing?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rt angle speedo drive w/o 1:1 gearing?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:39:33 +0100
Hi Randall
I worked out what was needed then rang ORS who told me I couldn't have what
I wanted but that I could achieve the same ratio by other means i.e. not
having a pinion that went as low as 17 teeth (I think) to go with the 6
start spiral but I could get 20 to go with the 5 start spiral. Basically I
did it from informed advice of a supplier. There are many vehicles which use
the Laycock OD unit, not only the LBC's but Volvo's and Ford Transits and
others, so there are numerous alternatives for the speedo drives that are
not listed in Triumph books. The bits supplied are still in service, and all
this was done some 5 years ago so it is a bit hazy now.

Graham.