Interesting item on eBay web site item#1859786978: Triumph TR3 A-Type Ov

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#1859786978: Triumph TR3 A-Type Overdrive Transmission
From: bbrewer@qnet.com
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:00:53 PDT
     Another TR3 A-type overdrive transmission is for sale on Ebay. This makes
two for sale at the same time.

     Bill Brewer

Title of item:  Triumph TR3 A-Type Overdrive Transmission
Seller: tr-man
Starts: Sep-15-02 20:35:55 PDT
Ends:   Sep-22-02 20:35:55 PDT
Price:  Currently $227.50
To bid on the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1859786978

Item Description:
        This is a completely rebuilt transmission and A-type overdrive for a
Triumph TR3.  The trans serial # is TS39046, and the overdrive serial number is
22/61374/011953.  Everything was completely disassembled and cleaned, and the
gears were bead bleasted.  The trans has a new countershaft, synchros,
bearings, seals, thrust washers, clutch cross-shaft bushings, and selector
shaft o-rings in the topcover.  The overdrive has new bearings, o-rings, seals,
thrust washers, and new-style unidirectional clutch.  The overdrive comes with
a working solenoid.  A speedometer drive gear is also included - it is missing
in the photo.  Buyer pays actual shipping cost.  This item is heavy(approx
130lbs when crated), but it will ship UPS.  I will ship immediately with
payment by cashier's check or money order.  With payment by personal check I
will hold shipping until the check clears.

        Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com