Re: TR4 front suspension blunder

To: Nyberg Peter <Peter.Nyberg@lio.se>
Subject: Re: TR4 front suspension blunder
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:26:17 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Nyberg Peter
>I'm not sure about the TR4, but on the TR2 and the TR3, the fulcrum pin
(the
thing that the control arms
or A-arms are attached to) is mounted to the shock absorber/spring tower
with 4 bolts.

The 2 bolts on the wheel side screw into threaded holes in the shock tower.
The 2 bolts on the engine side have nuts inside the tower. My experience is
that these nuts are not welded to the tower.
<

Hmm....  I can tell you for sure that the TR6 has four weld nuts.  Now,
whether this change-over occurred at the TR3/TR4 change (not as likely), or
the TR4/TR4A change (most likely) or the TR4A/TR5 change (also a
possibility but not as likely) is something I don't know.

Thanks for the clearification.

Dave Massey
71 TR6