TR2/3 Part Request Answered - Thank You

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2/3 Part Request Answered - Thank You
From: RobBlubaugh@netscape.net (Robert Blubaugh)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:21:18 -0400
You've done it again, LIST!

My request for a distributor drive gear for my TR2 was answered within hours by
NO LESS THAN 15 list members.  Some even offered the part for free if I would
just pay a nominal shipping fee.  Others gave me their phone numbers and urged
me to call if I had any additional questions or troubles.  Wow!  This IS what
the list is all about.

I drove the 100 or so miles to Champaign, IL and I got the part from Greg
Petrolati.  I gladly paid Greg for the part.  He was keeping one back for a
spare for his car because he knew that this part is no longer available and it
could one day become a hard to find item.  Still, it was a token payment to
Greg as he has done sooooo much for the Champaign British Car Festival and the
Central Illinois Triumph Owners Club over many years.  You should see the super
slot car racing setup Greg has and the wonderful collection of
Classic/Sports/Racing models he has setup for the slot track!  His track has
extensive, detailed landscaping along with laptop computer controlled lap
timing and counting system. The CITO Club will be treated to a winter
"motorsport film festival" at Greg's home sometime early next year and he says
he will set up the slot track for additional entertainment and recreation in
his garage.

Thanks for the part, Greg, but thanks more for all that you do to help build
and maintain interest in Triumph automobiles.

Thanks also to everyone who replied to my request for help.  I have tried to
reply individually to all who did respond, but if by mistake I have missed
someone, I still offer sincere thanks to you.  (I still need to answer your
reply, Cosmo.)

I am hopeful that TR2 #TS7690 may soon be on the road again!

Cheers to all!
Rob Blubaugh, Rensselaer, IN