Re: Window Gasket

To: "triumphlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Mark Saffian" <saffian@direcway.com>
Subject: Re: Window Gasket
From: "Thomas Beaver" <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 04:52:17 -0500
> Once again, I come to the fountain of knowledge.
>
> The rear window gasket on the hatch of my 73 GT6 was all cracked at the
> corners, so I bought the gasket from Vicky Brit and did the old rope
> trick this afternoon to pop the glass out and back in.  The new gasket
> was not molded - it was a straight piece that looked like it came from a
> roll.  As a result, the corners don't lie right.  Is there any way to
> remedy this?  Will installing the "chrome" trim piece help solve this
> problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark Saffian
> Farmersville, TX
> '73 GT6 MK III   KF22412U

Mark

My rubber gasket which I purchased from TRF was moulded and all one piece
with a groove to slip over the hatch and a cutout on top for the chrome
strip. I'm not sure from your description what you have but it needs to be
moulded. I think I placed mine around the glass first and then slid(forced)
it in. The chrome strip was then put on the top. I don't remember having any
problems with it but I probably did and have forgotten. Sounds like you
might want to get a better molded rubber piece.

Good luck
Tom Beaver
KF 20461 U