Re: Fuel Sending Unit Float Repair, resin warning

To: <jay_welch@juno.com>, <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Sending Unit Float Repair, resin warning
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 20:56:28 -0600
Cc: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: <jay_welch@juno.com>

> As I understand it, when ethanol was popular in the Northeast as a
> gasoline additive (gasahol..I used it in the early 80's) it was also
> suspected of breaking down neoprene and other rubber based parts in fuel
> delivery systems.  I guess the advise is ....know what you're putting in
> your tank.

If you buy gasoline in Minnesota, you know what you are putting in your
tank:  10% ethyl alcohol.

MTBE is not used here.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com