[no subject]

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 23:05:23 -0500
Well I thought I would give you all an update to the SE VTR Regional
that was held on Jekyll Island,
We originally set our goal for 125 cars we ended up having 161 Triumphs,
and a couple of others.

We had many owners travel some long distances to participate, States
represented were GA, Fl, SC, VA, DE, OH, Al, NY, PA, IN, just to name a
few.

The weather threatened all weekend but through Gods Grace always seemed
to clear just before an event. Many of our social events required last
minute decisions on whether or not to move it indoors or stay the course
as originally planned. Somehow the sky would clear just prior to
decision time.

The autocross was held at the Island airport and conducted by Jk
Jackson, from all the smiles on the faces it seemed that everyone who
ran it was VERY pleased. There was one causality, Scott Shepard ran off
course slid across the grass and totaled his TR6 against a tree.  I
believe there were approx. 60 cars participating in this event.

I would like to offer a very special thank you to two of our fellow list
members who conducted tech sessions, both seminars were well attended,
Fred Thomas provided everyone great insight and knowledge on the
techniques he has learned and developed in powder coating.

For those who wanted to rebuild their own overdrive units and had the
chance to attended Brian Schlorffs seminar on Rebuilding techniques
gained valuable knowledge as to how the units work and the causes of
failure. Brian really knows the units inside and out.

It was such a treat to have Kas and Peggy Kastner spend the weekend end
with us. Kas opened our event by cutting the Birthday cake as we
celebrated the 40th birthdays of both the TR4 and the Spitfire. He is
such a true Gentleman he always took time to talk with anyone who wanted
his attention.  If you missed his Blackboard session it was a rare treat
to listen to all the facts and stories from the past. He spent 1 = hours
sharing information with a packed house.

We had several rare and historically significant cars on hand, The TRS,
ADU 4B factory spit, Triumph works TR8 rallye car, the 67 Daytona Tr4
and its first place trophy, and the group44 tr6.

Bill Sohl spent Fri evening sharing this slide presentation of a lap of
America, a trip that he and Charles Runyan made a few years, ago in a
TR5.

We hope everyone enjoyed the event and I would like to thank those who
attended and I would also like to thank everyone who was associated with
the event.

We are currently updating our website with pictures and results in
autocross, participants choice and concourse awards.
Ill let you know when it is complete.

Thanks
Ronnie Babbitt
Event Chairman