Which TR3 would you restore?

To: Mike Lang <mlang@easystreet.com>
Subject: Which TR3 would you restore?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:03:35 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id gA5E6X6D020599
Message text written by Mike Lang
>I recently purchased two TR3's which are badly in need of restoration.
One is a 1956 TR3, and the other is a 1960 TR3A. I am now trying to
figure out which one to restore.
<Snip>

Mike, since we all like old cars, it makes sense to me that the older the
car is the more desirable it would be.  But then, this is a personal
decision.  Perhaps you don't like the small mouth design.  The later car
probably has a more desirable drive train (perhaps a better flowing head
and larger cylinder liners, etc) and disk brakes.  Of course you can take
the best of both cars and make what you you want but then it wouldn't be
original and that may be important to you.

But if it were me I'd do the '56.  All things being equal.

Dave