Re: Early TR4 Trunk Handle http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm

To: sdtilton@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early TR4 Trunk Handle http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 12:40:10 -0600

sdtilton@yahoo.com replied>
>Yeah it was right around 2000 I think.
>Can't remeber if it was CT19##   or CT21##
>
>I have it written down if you need the specifics.

Nope, just curious.

>> Did you open the trunk?  Which style of trunk rod did it have?
>> The simple rod like mine had (before it broke off while under the care of

>> the PO)?
>> Or the automagic sliding gizmo used in later cars?
>
>Actually it did have a very simple prop rod that pivoted down to hold the trunk

>lid open.  Even a little clip of sorts to retain the rod.

Yes, that is the original TR4 prop rod.  The clip to retain the rod is a rubber
piece set into a rectangular slot in a tab attached to the tubing inside the
trunk lid.  I still have this rubber installed in mine.

>The car is in Delaware, and has some very good aspects to it, but its body
work
>is horrendous.  Who knows whats under the 1/2" of bondo covering the fender

>seams and even the screw heads that hold the fenders on.

Scary.

If they part it out, I want all the trunk-rod parts.

>Scott Tilton
>1963 TR4 with pretty pathetic bodywork on it too . . everyday.
>Leesburg, VA  (Frost on the ground today . .glad I park in the garage)

Phil Ethier
1962 TR4 with pretty pathetic piece of wood for prop rod.
(It is actually warm in Minnesota today.)