heater box differences.... fresh air only? 2 vents/4 vents

To: <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: heater box differences.... fresh air only? 2 vents/4 vents
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:06:30 -0500
OK...so the GT6...at one time anyway....
had 'eye ball' vents under the dash as well as in it.
The heater box on a Spit and the late MKIII GT6 has only
2 vent  'pipe' outlets.  I have a GT6 heater box in hand
with 4 vent 'pipe' outlets (as well as the two long vertical
vents on the sides of the box)

QUESTION...
After opening up both heater boxes (1 with 2 and 1 with 4 vent pipes)
>From what I can figure... the 'under dash and dash mounted'
eye ball vents on the 4 pipe box would have been 'fresh air only'
vents?  The two extra 'pipe' outlets in the heater box are on the fan
side of the heater cores...so no heat would have come out of these
vents in this configuration.  Right?  Anyone have this setup that can
comment?

On late MKIII GT6's the heater box has only two 'pipe'  vents
on the heater box. So if a 'Y' is in the line...one goes to the defroster
vents and the other the dash mounted eyeball vents...you'd at least
get heat out of the eyeball vents.  Right?

Has anyone ever re-arranged the vent plumbing so ALL 4 eyeball vents
would output heat?
...or is this a case where a GT6 runs hot enough inside that winter
time driving, doesn't need the extra heat?  Just fresh air (cool air)
for summer driving?
...am I yammering on or do I have all this right?

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com