Re: OK, Now I've Done It

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OK, Now I've Done It
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 13:34:03 -0000
Hi Martin
I see you did what I did! You already have a couple of mails with the best
solution to avoid becoming a DPO! My solution was to open the whole lot up
to take 3/8" studs instead of the original 5/16" studs, I think the studs I
used were the same as the outer exhaust manifold fastenings, (the ones that
actually go through the manifold not the ones that hold the retaining
clamps) I did this a few years ago now and have had no problems since, the
only thing with this is it will stop your bearing hubs from being accepted
as cores for exchange purposes, but then you can rebuild these yourself
quite easily or acquire other S/H for cores.

Best wishes whichever way you chose to go.

Graham.