TR6 Outer Waist Seal - Done...Here's how...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[F05336F0:01C28E92] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gAHNkQpE003243
Subject: TR6 Outer Waist Seal - Done...Here's how...
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@hp.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:42:06 -0600
Guys,

Thanks to all for responding to my original question.

Here's the technique that I used to install the outer waist seal on the
door.  The seal and clips came from TRF.

First, note that the seal has seven indentions where the clips attach.
Hold the seal in position and using a magic marker, mark the position of
the clips inside the door.

Next, attach the clips to the door with the exception of the last clip
just above the door handle.  You'll note the window channel will prevent
you from using the last indentation on the seal.

I made a tool using a metal cover that goes over a computer's PCI slot.
The tool simply lifts the clip and attaches it to the door.

Next, I had to cut the seal to fit.  Cut the end that points to the
front of the car.  I had to take about 1/2" off.

Position the seal into the door and push the seal's edge into the clips.
Use the tool to hold the clips in place.

Because of the rear window channel makes it almost impossible to attach
the last clip, I drilled a small pilot hole through the seal and inner
door.  I then used a very small, black sheet metal screw to screw the
seal firmly onto the door.

The seal looks great and the fit is firm.

Now the bad news...my front window channel appears to be to far inward
so that the glass does not make full contact with the outer waist seal
just installed.  The top of the front window channel needs to be moved
outward which means it needs to be shimmed, but I haven't figured out
how to get my hand and a couple of washers up there.

Bill
Atlanta
74 TR6