Cat bathing/rescue, auto related.

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Cat bathing/rescue, auto related.
From: "Javier Vidaurre Ch." <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 07:57:44 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "\[unknown\]" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "\[unknown\]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "\[unknown\]" <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>
Hello all,

Have to chime in on this thread.

One afternoon back in 1979 I was chemically stripping
the two part paint gone bad off my 1971 Volvo 142E
(great car, I wish I still had it).  I had just
finished applying the goo all over the roof when my
big grey Russian Blue male cat landed on the roof to
say hello. Immediately his four paws started sliding
out from under him and he starting crying from the
chemical burn he was experiencing.  In a split second
I imagined him licking the stuff of his paws and how
that would complicate matters.  I quickly and
forcefully grabbed him by the fur and flesh on his
back with a rubber gloved hand and raced to the
kitchen sink, put him in it and turned on the water
all the while never letting go of him.  In the interim
he had reached around and bit me in the fleshy part
between my thumb and index finger right through the
rubber dishwashing glove leaving two vampire like
puncture wounds.  I had to grin and bear it and not
loosen my grip till I had washed all the chemical off.

An adrenalin rush to say the least and all turned out
OK.  I believe he was thankful, in cat fashion, for
the cooling sensation on his paws since he allowed me
to rub well between his claws with my free hand.

Cheers, Javier