Re: Radio Faceplate - Thanks!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radio Faceplate - Thanks!
From: "M Brooks" <mike@gsta.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:39:43 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who replied about the faux faceplate idea. Sorry I
haven't replied sooner but we had a family emergency and I haven't been
checking my emails.

Someone mentioned having the inards of an original radio switched over to a
modern unit - a great thing if you can afford to have it done. I have
actually done it myself but it's not a simple project and the radio I did
was in a huge 1970 Caddy Delco with a big, honking AM/FM to fit all the new
stuff into - must be a real trick in a LBC radio!

One thing I liked about the flip up faceplate idea is that even if you hid a
remote changer/receiver in the trunk or glove box, you could hide the
control under the fake face, not so much for concourse purposes but to keep
prying eyes from seeing anything that would make them want to cut your top,
break the window, etc... I may just make a fake face out of  some bits and
bobs I have lying around to see how it would work before I invest any
time/money in it.

~Mike Brooks