changing oil

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: changing oil
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 19:27:34 -0500
I have a lot of feelings on this thread and the first one is BULL S@#T!!!!!,
No engine ever built by Triumph or any other manufacturer in that era would
last 50,000 miles on the same oil for many, many reasons, the first being the
delution of the oil by gas, and this is a very big problem in any engine that
is not P/I or electronic injected, unspent gas is going into the crankcase and
nothing is going to stop it, the amount of leaks we have even with fresh clean
oil is another very big factor, now he can drive 50,000 miles without changing
it just by adding 2 quarts each and every week, this he has not said how much
or how often oil is added, and lastly this is the 1st type person to say T/R
never made anything but junk, I say the truth to this post is "B/S"  "FT"