Re: TR3 Tires

To: steven@newellboys.com, suhring@lancnews.infi.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Tires
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 20:37:19 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Scott Suhring wrote:

> >...I tried to get the Dunlops SP20
> >165 15 but the local distributor said they are
> >no longer being made....

Steven Newell replied:

> ...Funny that the big three vendors are making
> almost every little bit for our cars and soon we won't be able to get
> tires that fit.

And the irony of it all is that, for a later TR3 or TR4 and 4A, many
"original type" tires are still available, such as:

590H15 Dunlop RS5
600/640-15 Dunlop C49
640S15 Avon Super Safety
640H15 Dunlop RS5
165SR15 Michelin X

I think Pirelli Cinturatos might still be available, but they weren't listed
on the site I checked (Vintage Tyres in the UK).

Not to mention various bias-ply (and now even radial) wide whites in
appropriate sizes, nor such slightly later period exotica as the Michelin
XAS.

Perhaps it's a sign that we must keep our cars "period correct"!? :-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.