RE: paint masking product query

To: "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: paint masking product query
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:30:46 -0800
Having had a set of silverstones for over 30 years now I can say
unequivocally that POWDER COATING IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO. These beasties are
so reactive that paint just will now last more than a year. Especially in
climates with snow and salt on roads. They look unbelievably good with a
crystal clear marine grade PC over bead blasted magnesium. Almost 2 years
now on mine and they are still looking great. Polish the outer rim with fine
grade steel wool post bead blasting and they willlook even better.

Deano