Re: paint repairs very long

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: paint repairs very long
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:04:32 -0500
Cc: "british" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Well then Fred,,, you'll appreciate how much work it was
for me to, after having painted Big Red (my latest MKIII
GT6 project) to wet sand the entire car with 600, then 1000
then 1500, then 2000. Then rubbing compound, then polishing,
and finally waxing the paint. Smooth as glass.  But now
that the paint doesn't have the typical 'stuble' of what new car
paint looks like, you can see every detail of the 'prepainted'
surface sanding marks.  I think I gained an inch in chest and
shoulder muscles doing all that sanding.

Yep... had to do the same type of repair in a few places as I
did manage to sand through to the primer in a few places
 AAAuughhh!

Glad it worked out for ya'  It's a great feeling to have 'hidden'
them yourself isn't it.

At least I can understand why a decent paint job costs $$thousands.
It's all the labor sanding and polishing!

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com