TR4A exhaust system ideas

To: tr list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A exhaust system ideas
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:24:27 -0800
I'm thinking about replacing the exhaust system on my TR4A IRS.
Currently I have a single muffler system, with a header going into the
y-pipe.  I want to keep the y-pipe, because it is in good shape, and
that is where I have an O2 sensor mounted.  I think my car came from
the factory with the three muffler system, though by the time I got it
it only had the front muffler left (and it was pretty sad).  I'd like
to go back to the two pipes at the rear, and am thinking about just
installing the two stock rear mufflers.  Will that be really loud?  The
other thought I have is having a pair of glass packs installed.  Any
other ideas/recommendations?  Maybe I'll just go with one of those
coffee can sized tail pipes :-).

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L