RE: MMT (was Octane Boosters) (no LBC at all)

To: "'Mark Hooper'" <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>, "'Ryoung@navcomtech.com'" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MMT (was Octane Boosters) (no LBC at all)
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:03:46 -0800
It's becoming clear...in the case of MMT it was a US firm selling to Canada.
In the case of MTBE Canadian firm was selling to the US. Enviro concerns
raised on both chemicals by the respective buyers with the same results;
threatened leagal action against the buyer buy the seller as a result of
certain trade stipulations in the NAFTA accords.  Turnabout is fair play. No
signatory being exempt form the accords. Whether or not the accords are
reasonable is besides the point. Idiocy as far as I'm concerned. Decision
should be based on accepted scienctific evidence of harm. I thought the
discussion concrerned the chemical itself. Sick of politics and politicains
of every ilk.

Deano