RE: Rear crank shaft oil seal conversion

To: <MRobe33243@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rear crank shaft oil seal conversion
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:07:10 -0700
> I need help.  I bought the rear oil seal conversion kit 2 years
> ago and have
> reached the point of  resto where I need the crank ground down
> but I can't
> find the spec sheet.
>
> Is there anybody aout there with the specs?  specifically, the finished
> dimension and the degree of radius.

Bob, I'd suggest caution before using anyone's numbers, including mine.
There have been several different kits, and I don't know that they all use
the same seal.

However, the kits sold by both BFE and Moss USA require the scroll be ground
down to 2.500".  I understand Moss was erroneously saying 63mm at one time,
but using the smaller number was apt to cause leaks.  Check out
http://www.linkline.com/personal/koblinger/trsc/tech%20articles/mainseal.htm
for more info (written by Ken Gillanders of BFE).

Randall