RE: new to the list

To: "'WRROOPE@aol.com'" <WRROOPE@aol.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: new to the list
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:45:21 -0400
Poverty.

-----Original Message-----
From: WRROOPE@aol.com [mailto:WRROOPE@aol.com]
Sent: April 20, 2003 9:26 AM
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: new to the list

I am new to this list although I am on a couple other lists. I have just
purchased a 72 TR-6. It is a one owner, 38k, garage kept car. I could not
find any rust or major repairs done on this car. It runs, although it hasn't

been started in a couple of months. It does need carpets and new dash pads.
The rest of the interior is in good shape. The top has a couple of seams
that
are coming apart, like it hasn't been up in a long time. The only thing that

I know it needs is weather-stripping. I figure $1800 was a fair price.
Are there any surprises I should be looking for? Any particular quirks to
TR6s? Who are the best suppliers for parts?
Some of you may know me from the spitfire list, as the guy that makes hub
pullers for spitfires at a reasonable price, and I am in the process of
making one for TR6s. Hopefully I will have the prototype ready this week and

try it on my new find.
These lbcs seen to find me as I already have a 76 spit, 74 midget, 73 Jag
xj6, and a 56&58 MGA. Is there a cure for this disease?

bill r
72 TR6