RE: LED electrical gremlins

To: <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: LED electrical gremlins
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:39:14 -0400
Barry,

Could it be that by the time the voltage gets to the socket there is enough
of a drop in the voltage to not power the LED's?  Bad ground maybe?  The 2
tests I would do is take the 1157 and hook it up the battery, is it bright
then being in the socket?  Then take a voltmeter and measure the voltage at
the socket and the battery, are they the same?  If I remember correctly,
LED's are a step voltage item, there must be a minimum voltage to operate
whereas lamps just look dim.  I figure you have done all of this but you
never know.

Let us know the results

Regards
David Templeton