Spin on Adaptor TR-6 Moss Motors

To: "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spin on Adaptor TR-6 Moss Motors
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:33:16 -0700
Second time around for the Moss Motors supplied spin on oil filter/cooler
installation attempt. DAMN, DAMN. DAMN.!

First filter adaptor defective with too short a nipple to engage the spin on
filter. Second filter adaptor has long enough nipple to mount filter....BUT
this one has another problem entirely. Inner engine/filter housing mating
surface, where the inner O ring seal mounts is machined SO BADLY that it's
hard to believe. Off center machining so severe that the outer lip of the
groove that holds the smaller o ring was near paper thin on about 45 degrees
of the circle of the mating surface. Collapsed upon tightening the housing
to block. I've got pics and would post them somewhere if anyone's
interested. Caveat emptor on this one. MOCAL parts are going steeply
downhill if this is any example. My previous 4 year old no cooler connection
adaptor placed side by side with this one (pics available) demonstrates
clearly the slipshod work that went into this thing. I am PISSED. A month
behind simply because of this crap supplied by Moss Motors. I don't say this
lightly but I am loosing faith in my favorite parts supplier because of
this. Calls are in to Jason at Moss, we'll see how long this takes to
resolve. I'm getting tired of shipping things back and forth to try to get
one serviceable part. Rant now over!

Deano