Re: TR3a SU carbs & misc

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a SU carbs & misc
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:22:22 -0700
I think I have a similar setup on my TR3A SU's - the variable idle feature.
If the idle is too high I lift the accelerator with my toe, if it's too low
I give it a little goose. I imagine the problem could be caused by a
sticking vacuum advance (or is retard?), but what I was planning to do when
I got one of those round toits was try and torque up the springs on the
accelerator linkage and then readjust the idle.  I'm figuring that there's
just not enough force to bring the throttle back to it's lowest point
without an occasional assist from my toe. If there was enough tenison it
would at least always bring it back to the same place and I could adjust the
stops accordingly. If the condition persists, then it probably isn't
mechanical.

Just a thought,

Bob