Re: TR water pump experts?

To: vafred@erols.com, CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR water pump experts?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:52:52 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Thanks Fred,
I guess tapping on the impeller (with other end of shaft firmly stopped and
threads protected) will not 'fix' a shrunken bellows seal - rather needs to be
dissassembled and done right.
Do you think Vicky Brits water pump seal is good quality or should I go with
Rover or the Pioneer-Weston brand on eBay? If you have the best seal - what's
your price?
ps; on water pumps with grease fittings does the grease get delivered between
the front and rear bearing? - from here it looks like it goes BEHIND the rear
bearing and out the bottom slot!
My housing doesn't have a grease fitting but a tiny hole topside right
between the two bearings (hidden when pulley in place) - probably a breather
hole.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74