Screw Terminal on Coil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Screw Terminal on Coil
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:06:39 EDT
Here's a basic question:  What's the right way to attach the coil wire to the
screw-in terminal on the coil?  It appears the old wire on my car has a
push-on fitting that is just stuffed into the coil with the boot holding it on,
but
it doesn't appear to be making proper contact with the screw-in terminal on
the coil.  I have secured from Moss the screw and metal washer shown as
appropriate for the screw-in coil application, and I now have a new set of
Magnecor
wires to install.  What are the next steps to properly connect this to the
coil?

TIA,

Bill Stagg
1961 TR3A