RE: 250 OD switch

To: "Triumph mail list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 250 OD switch
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:39:22 -0700 FILETIME=[BEF0AE00:01C347DB]
> My 250's OD switch engages when flipped down and off when up. The
> manual says
> it should be the other way. I just recently put in a new switch and wiring
> because the old switch was showing its age and the wiring had
> been botched by
> PO's. I was hoping that all would be well now but it is still the
> same. The
> switch is not capable of being turned 180 degrees or I would do that. Any
> thoughts from the list on a cure for this not very big problem?

Hmm, did the TR250 originally have a different switch than the TR5 ?  Don't
have my Lucas catalog handy.

If you really wanted to fix it, and there isn't another contact on the
switch, one way would be to add a "normally closed" relay after the switch.
Then it's contacts go in the circuit with the existing relay and isolator
switches.

Randall