Help needed with electrical gremlins OR need lights for TRF Summer Party

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help needed with electrical gremlins OR need lights for TRF Summer Party
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:41:57 -0400
O:K, so the TRF Summer Party is coming up, so now I suppose I should fix
an electrical issue that I may have caused.  Here's the scenario as best
I can describe it.

Key ON
Brakes ON

Both brake lights illuminate although the R/R light is brighter.

Neither running light illuminates except under braking.

Things you ought to know.

1.      Many moons ago, while "fixing" something in this general area, I
broke off one of the attachment tabs on the left brake/running light.  I
ordered & installed a new socket, but these have three tabs instead of
the old two tabs.  I understand they are all made this way now.
2.      The license plate lights worked earlier today, now they don't,
and I don't know why.
3.      I have two red wires on the left side of the brake area, but
only one on the right, and I'm not sure where this wire came from.

Thanks,

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2