Re: TR 4 Water Pump Bearing

To: "Fred Wescoe" <fredwescoe@earthlink.net>, "British-cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, <nagera@wordnet.att.net>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR 4 Water Pump Bearing
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 06:45:41 -0400
> I had a bit of an inquiring conversation with the owner and he admitted
that
> all of the parts of the pump were a direct fit from a Massey Ferguson
> tractor pump.  He said anyone could do it.
>
> The pump has been in my car for 10 years and performs flawlessly.  Check
out
> your closest tractor dealer.  He doesn't know about the parts fitting your
> pump so you will have to do some explaining.
>
> It is always good to know this stuff for when you break down "in the
middle
> of nowhere".
>
> Happy hunting.
>
> Fred
> '63 BJ7
===
I have the crossover water pump listings  from Triumph to Massey/Ferguson
tractor parts complete with breakdown picture, and yes your M/F dealer will
know the pump imediately, the bearings and shafts have not been avaialble
for some years now, the rear seal is being made by "Rover" and still
available, anyone wishing this crossover sheet send me your mailing address
and I'll forward you a copy  "FT"