GT6 Clutch Problems h7KJ3JYR013516

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Clutch Problems h7KJ3JYR013516
From: JutH1685@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:00:51 -0400
My GT6 is ailing.  When i try to put the car in gear or in reverse with teh
clutch in, the gears grind horriblly.  Pedal travel is incrediblly short and
there is no free play in the pedal.  It was working fine before anything
happened, and it came on very quickly.  I hav ethe transmission shroud off
becvause i thought it might have just needed an adjustment on the slvae
cylinder (which is extremely difficult to get at) because thats what my manual
says, but there are no adjusting points on the slave.  Slave pushrod travel is
less the 5/8" and more like 1/4".  i just looked at the master cylinder and it
is leaking somewhat, and i topped up the fluid, but the master pushrod seems to
have alot of "wiggle room" and is not as tightly seated as it seems it should
be, although ive never had any experience with this sort of problem.  the leak
is accumulating in the rubber boot in the master.  What should i do?  Clutch
hydraulic rebuild? Please Help.
thanks, justinjuth1685@aol.com