RE: TR3A Head

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Head
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:09:51 -0700
Randall, I agree with you on that crack in the water jacket between
cylinders 2 and 3! When I redid the head for my engine rebuild as part of
the frame-off restoration of my '58 TR3, I had that same crack between
cylinders 2 and 3. In fact several TR3 heads that I have worked on had the
same crack. I just left the crack as it was and I have about 7000 miles on
this rebuild with no problems. I had over 15000 miles and an SCCA driver's
school weekend on the '57 TR3 with that same crack.

But as always YMMV,

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Scottsdale, AZ