Compression ratio?

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Subject: Compression ratio?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:05:41 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h93MARF8001815
Message text written by "T. S. White"
>The discussion of compression ratio leaves me with a lingering thought,
God help me.  I just had my block bored too.  But I didn't think boring
the block would change my compression ratio.  Does it infact do this or
do the ratios of the compentents remain the same even though the
dimensions change?
<

Since the bulk of the volume at TDC is in the head, changing the bore of
the block and not changing the head chamber volume will change the
compression ratio.  However, an increase of .020 inches on a bore that is
nearly 3 inches is pretty trivial.  Don't worry about it.

If you do worry about it consider radiusing the sharp edges in the
combustion chamber.  That will slightly increase the chamber volume and
reduce hotspots which will reduce pinking and run-on.

Dave