RE: FS Again

To: "'Terry'" <terryrs@adelphia.net>, "'Phil Ethier'" <pethier@isd.net>, <A901949@aol.com>, <Triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: FS Again
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:56:34 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Terry [mailto:terryrs@adelphia.net]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 4:49 PM
To: Phil Ethier; Joe Curry; A901949@aol.com;
Triumphs-digest@autox.team.net

Well, I'm normally a lurker and a question poser type guy, but I have to
sort of defend Sprites too.

Granted, yeah, they aren't real stylish.  But they are entry level
affordable and fun.

My first car in 1968 was a sky blue 1964 AH Sprite.  I learned how to
take
corners fast because the car was zippered to the road.  It had a throaty
muffler like Janis Joplin going through a blues scale of gears.  I
learned
about girls in that car.  I took them out with the top down.  If they
fretted their hair overmuch, I didn't ask them out again, because life
isn't
about appearances, it's about actions.  And I learned I could be
hypocritical, because I wasn't asking ugly girls into my car.  My sister
totalled that car taking a hairpin turn after the first rain of the
season
slicked the road in Fortuna, California, and while we sat on the steps
of a
mom & pop grocery store waiting for our mother to come get us from Ukiah
(a
long, long drive), we laughed our heads off like we didn't have a brain
in
our head.

AH Sprites.  The chimp of the primates:  smart and agile, but limited.
Infinitably preferable to a Deytroit coupe.

All true, but still "Butt Ugly"!  :)

Joe