RE: Original British Leyland "Swirl" keys.

To: "'George Richardson'" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>, "'Triumph Triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Triumph Stag Discussion Forum'" <stag@digest.net>
Subject: RE: Original British Leyland "Swirl" keys.
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 05:01:48 -0400
George,
I have one for my '75 TR6 but it is very worn. The head isn't plastic,
it's solid rubber. I'll take a photo later today if no one else has one
in better shape.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Does anyone on the list have original British Leyland "Swirl" style
plastic headed keys for their later Triumphs?  Anyone willing to take
digital photos or scans and send them to me?

I've seen the stuff some people are selling as "original style", and
I've also seen a picture of one original key, which didn't look anything

like the "original style".

I'm trying to determine what the original looked like, whether these
keys available actually lok like them, and whether it would be worth it
to reproduce them if the current offerings don't measure up.

--
George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph