Re: unusual TR-3A color

To: gprtech@frontiernet.net, ZoboHerald@aol.com
Subject: Re: unusual TR-3A color
From: "David Gunn" <ccgunn1010@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:44:53 -0700 FILETIME=[5BE5BB30:01C38F6F]
Cc: tlynch@bellsouth.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Well I'll be . . .  do I feel like a dummy!!  When I took the commission
plate off my "2" to repaint it, I was wondering what the writing was for.  I
just couldn't figure out what kind of TR had the symbol "hTr" - now I know -
the only option in my car was a heater!  I'll have to  check the other
almost illegible markings, and see if they correspond to the original color
and trim.  Don't worry - I was so intrigued by the markings that I covered
them before I painted, so that they would be preserved under the new
commission plate.  I also took plenty of pictures.

On the subject of commission plates - I seem to recall someone's offer to
stamp new commission plates - does anyone remember who that was?

Thanks,
David Gunn - 54 TR2 TS3388L
Chico, CA

>From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
>To: ZoboHerald@aol.com
>CC: Timothy Lynch <tlynch@bellsouth.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: unusual TR-3A color
>Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:47:58 -0400
>
>My 1957 Tr3 had the color, trim and options marked in grease pencil
>underneath the commission number plate.
>
>ZoboHerald@aol.com wrote:
>

> >Tim, that particular type of "build plate" didn't appear on Triumphs
>until about the 1964 model year. Before 1964, paint and trim codes didn't
>appear anywhere on the cars.
> >
> >Your only hope might be to find your car's commission number (build)
>plate, and then look under that to find the original color (which probably
>wasn't "cranberry" on a TR-3A).
> >
> >--Andy Mace

High-speed Internet access as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local
service providers in your area). Click here.   https://broadband.msn.com