TR Clutch Plate

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR Clutch Plate
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:40:19 -0400
I am beginning to think about the clutch plate and throw out bearing (I guess
called a "release bearing" in TR's).

a)  Are there options for the TR3 clutch plates, such as racing or heavy duty
that have performance features that make them more desireable than stock
clutch plates?  And where would you find such an animal as a heavy duty TR3
clutch plate.  In fact, now I think on it, what the heck is the difference
between a stock and a "heavy uty" clutch plate?

b)  I think the throw out ('scuse, the "release") bearing would be the same,
regardless of choice of plate.

c)  Is it recommended th change the sleeve too?  (I want a hundred thousand
miles out of this car before I touch the engine again, and am prepared to go
as new and to upgrade quality as necessary.

Thanks again, everybody.  This list is like going to school again, except I
have money for food this time.

Terry Smith
1959 TR3A TS 58667 (body sawn in half and off the frame; frame and suspension
completed; tranny ready; engine in pieces) I love this car!