TR4 radio bracket

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 radio bracket
From: ScharfR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:35:11 EDT
Several years ago there was some discussion on this list by those in search
of a TR4 radio bracket.  Now I find myself with the same need.  The part I'm
talking about is illustrated on Pages 22, 46 and 47 of the recently re-released
"Original Triumph -- TR4/4A/5/6" by Bill Piggott.  It apparently comes in more
than one configuration, as the pictures show.  It is a heavy gauge steel
bracket that bridges from the case alloy lower console base to the underside of
the dashboard.  It usually has a cutout for a radio and the two holes for the
shafts.  If not, it can be modified to suit.  I have the radio, but need the
bracket.  Any help is appreciated.

If anyone is interested, I have an example of the non-radio bracket to
trade/sell. This part performs the same function of bridging from the top of
the
"U-shaped" case base to the bottom of the dashboard.  It has three holes
pre-drilled, presumedly for some accessories or other.  The finish is wrinkle
black
and some of the finish is worn off.

Please e-mail off list for any sell or swap opportunities

Bob Sharp
63(?) TR4