RE: TR6 charging

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 charging
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:07:37 -0700
Jack, IMO it's trying to tell you something's not right.  Could be the
alternator, could just as easily be the battery.  Batteries do sometimes
fail such that they never come up to 'float' voltage & will always draw
current from a healthy alternator.

Whichever it is, you should check into it soon, as the battery is most
likely venting gases that are not only explosive, but laden with sulfuric
acid.  Caution is also advised, especially any kind of spark near the
battery.

Many car parts stores (Pep Boys, Kragen, etc.) will test a battery for you
for free, if you take it out & carry it into the store.

Randall