GT6 chassis/drivetrain under a Morris Minor body?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 chassis/drivetrain under a Morris Minor body?
From: M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:04:42 -0700 (PDT)
My wife is enamored of Morris Minors and has found a local example for
sale (cheap) - it's a 1950 split-windscreen 2dr with high headlights,
no floor, and a dead engine.

She knows I have a spare GT6 chassis and drivetrain (body rotted off
that one), and asked me if the two could be combined.

Here's the basic specs:
Wheelbase - 83" GT6, 86" MM (GT6 could be lengthened 3" pretty easily)
Track - 49" GT6, 51.5" MM (wider wheels would address this)
Overall length - 148" GT6, 148" MM

Any downside to this unorthodox gene-splicing?

M D "Doc" Nugent
Renton, WA (USA)