4A-6 Half Shaft

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[765E0530:01C39898] h9MCVhTB008523
Subject: 4A-6 Half Shaft
From: "Evans, Mark CVB Info Systems" <Mark.Evans@anheuser-busch.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:31:47 -0500
I know somebody has figured this out!

Does anyone have a trick(s) for installing the slip joint rubber accordion boot
on a 4A-6 IRS half shaft? Getting the boot over the male splines and the screw
cap has me stumped. Also, what is the correct way to use the wire binding to
attach the boot? Bentley also directs me to use something to form a seal between
the rubber and the area on the shaft that it's bound to. What would one use
here? Lastly, how would one replace the cork in the screw cap? I would be more
comfortable with a Rubik's cube...

Thanks!

Mark A. Evans

1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO 'Tressy'