markings question TR4 (Triumph STC-65)

To: boggiano@charter.net
Subject: markings question TR4 (Triumph STC-65)
From: Nicholas Wolf <nwolf@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:36:09 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Tom
  My car, a 1962 TR4, has a separate "STC 63" tag riveted on the passenger's
side and was still titled as a '63 with the VIN "STC63CT118xxL" when I bought
it in 2001.  I think STC means "Sold To Customer."  I've heard that these tags
were commonly installed by dealers in California; not sure about the rest of
the world.

- nick